Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Majestic

Happy 2 days before the St. Louis Cardinal's Home Opener!

Over the weekend we ate at Majestic. A totally awesome, dive-y, diner-ish spot in the heart of the Central West End. Majestic is on the corner of Laclede and Euclid.. or Euclid and Laclede, you can't miss it! We were there for their Greek Independence Day celebration and had a blast! The kitchen stayed open until 11pm, which I believe is normal, like.. they weren't staying open later just for us. I had a Greek Salad, it was totally delish! I don't usually never order Greek Salads, but had read on somebody's review how good they were, so I obviously had to try one! It did not disappoint! I also had a gyro, of course. I think their 'original' gyro. Meat, feta cheese, a few slices of tomato and onions, in a pita. I dumped the onions, because that's what I do. Regardless, it was to die for! I tried a couple of steak fries.. they were just your average steak fries, but we ate them all! And then, of course, I went home with a generous helping of Baklava! This was my first memorable experience with Baklava and it was so melt-in-your-mouth, amazing!! I have the ultimate hook-up at Majestic, so if you're dying to bring Baklava home to your momma, you better contact me, so I can contact Louie.

If I had stars to give, I would give Majestic 6 stars, on a 5-star-scale. For atmosphere, food, fun and overall experience.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment