Monday, February 21, 2011

Eleven Eleven Mississippi

Saturday night, we ate at Eleven Eleven Mississippi. If you live in St. Louis, this also happens to be the address. I loved every minute of it. We had a gift certificate, so we definitely indulged! We started with a bottle of muscato, yum yum! The bread was some type of focaccia and totally amazing! And of course there was Parmesan cheese and olive oil for your dipping pleasure. We both had salads to begin with.. I went for their ranch dressing.. a bacon-y ranch.. it was good, but Wes's strawberry vinaigrette was to die for! SO flavorful. And that is their house dressing, so get it when you go. For dinner, I had potato encrusted grouper, it was delish.. a little rubbery.. in the past, my groupers have been a little more like pulled pork, when it came to the texture.. I don't know which way is "better" but I prefer the pulled pork texture. And I'm a huge texture snob. I substituted my celery puree (instant gag.. I hate celery) for sweet potato puree, had some lobster sauce and roasted asparagus.. Wes had a steak (it was one of the specials), it was delish and red onion mashed potatoes and asparagus, also.. I wish I would have gotten what Wes got.. His had so much more flavor than mine did. For dessert, I had gooey butter cake, it was FABULOUS! You know how some gooey butters are a little more custard-y runny.. this was more cake-y.. Again, texture people! I prefer cake-y. And Wes had strawberry ice cream and some type of dessert cocktail that we couldn't even drink half off.. it was SO strong. It burnt anything it touched.

The ambiance was fantastic! You walk in the door, directly to the hostess stand. Can stay on that level, which appeared to be more bar-y, I think there were TVs, too. Or head upstairs for a more dinner-y atmosphere. It was total city, loft style with exposed cielings, which I adored. Parking seemed readily available. There were a handful of spots in front, or free parallel parking across the street. Also a couple of lots, maybe even a garage. We definitely can't afford to frequent Eleven Eleven Mississippi, but I would def go again!

Look for the yellow awnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment